Sunday, August 31, 2008

In the Beginning...

OK. So I'm at the home of some special friends who have four wonderful children whom I dearly love. The topic of starting a blog comes up. The third child, the older of the two boys, had recently started a blog and I innocently commented on how great it was that he had done so. So he says, you (meaning me) should start one. And I say, yeah, I've been meaning to; especially since moving 2,000 miles away from them and other friends and family a year ago. So he says very enthusiastically, I could help you!

I am given a seat in front of the family computer by this soon to be fourteen-year-old young man and watch as he whizzes through the creation of MY BLOG. Before I know it I have a blog with a nice little picture with kids and flowers and some of the basic info inserted PLUS links to some of my favorite blogs. Then he says, again very enthusiastically, that I should send a message to their, my former, pastor saying he should come check out my new blog! To my dismay he starts doing this very thing FOR ME while I am sputtering and spitting an equally enthusiastic, not yet! It's not ready! Wait until I've gotten a chance to tweak and polish, and, and... TOO LATE! It's done.

So, to my dear former pastor and any who may stumble upon this new blog of mine BEFORE I have a chance to tweak and polish:

Welcome to EVERYTHING'S ROSIE! I hope you'll visit again and if you do, hopefully you'll see a growing, flourishing blog that would not have been started if it hadn't been for my mentor, HUNTING FOR THE LIGHT.

6 comments:

a woman who is said...

Hello my dearest friend!!!!!!!!!!
I found you and I am so tickled that you have started a blog. I gave up on Mr.T. But yeah here you are!

Just have to say...you are so going to love being a grandma!!!!!!

You have no idea...it is the absolute best!

Love you, and see you around blog land!

And do tell Hunting for the Light he is so awesome.

a woman who is said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a woman who is said...

oophs in my excitement I misspelled a word (so I deleted)

I just had to say your profile picture is one of my all time favorite paintings in the world...I hope to have that kind of moment in my garden someday with my grand kids =)

Only in the storm said...

aw rose...
you make me laugh! i miss you already! tell davidavich that we miss him. next year in chicago!

Daddio said...

Welcome, Rosie Bozie!!!yj

Hunter said...

Hey rose!I'm so proud! haha :)