Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back in Illinois

Where to start...

I returned from my two week visit to the great state of Washington on Sunday and as I sit at my computer today there's a bundle of emotions and a jumble of thoughts to sort through; feeling kind of drained and sad. Part of it must be from feeling like I was travelling between different worlds - different lives/lifetimes -during my visit. Why would I feel that way? Maybe because life since marriage has been a life of moving? Mmmm.

A glance at my Washington worlds: Flew into Pasco, lived there. Went to Richland, lived there & worked there. Went to Kennewick, lived there and the church we attended is there. Stayed in Prosser, lived there for three months with dear friends after our house sold sooner than expected. Went by the house we lived in before moving to Illinois, the trees are gone. Drove over the Cascade mountains to the west side of the state to see my sister, brother, and a friend who was a roommate waaay back. I skied on those mountains as a teenager and young adult; later took our kids inner-tubing there. Driving on I-90 took me through Bellevue, old stromping grounds from when we lived in Redmond; over the I-90 floating bridge onto Mercer Island, a place I loved to go as a child because it's where my favorite cousin lived in a house that was to me like one out of a magazine. Then onto I-5 through Seattle where I was born and raised, on this I could write a book. I was headed north, my first destination Edmonds where my brother lives. This took me past exits for Lake Forest Park-Lake City, lived in both. That evening I got back on I-5 headed south to my friend's house in Tacoma. This took me past the exit for Tukwila, lived there too.

OK, that's enough you say? But wait, there's more! More places in Washington?! Oh yes! Then there's Idaho and New Jersey. But I digress, must stick to what pertains to my recent trip.

However, I'm out of time for now so it'll have to be TO BE CONTINUED...





6 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

It was delightful to share coffee time together. Please give Dave my love and... welcome to blogland!

Tom

a woman who is said...

standing by for part 2 =]

Danni said...

Rose Ann!!! Welcome to blog world! oh - how I miss you! It's good to hear your voice...
Danielle

Nadine said...

Rose Ann - So glad you started a blog. I think you will enjoy the creative outlet.

Give my love to Dave.

Only in the storm said...

aw, i love you rose! i'm so proud of you for starting a blog! everything went well with mom and dad at burning man, they have many amazing stories

Hunter said...

Your blog looks awesome! I'm glad you got it figured out! miss you lots :)